Translate

25 February 2013

Snub TV

Snub TV 89-91 I rounded up all the best clips from the show that shone a light on some of the great bands (new & old) of the time. I was about 18 and the show was broadcast weekly early evening - I used to ram a VHS video tape in the recorder every time it was on, as my parents wanted to watch the news, these are some of the clips I remember, and a couple I have never seen. With their detached, cool-as-ice presenting style (only voiceovers, never in your face) and decent band interviews, they managed to capture the essential indie scene in the moment, something only bloggers ever seem to do these days...

Teenage Fanclub
My Bloody Valentine
Loop
Fugazi
KLF
The Fall
The Breeders
Throwing Muses
Sonic Youth
Happy mondays
Ride
House of Love
New Order
The Cramps
JAMC
Dinosaur Jr
Cure
Stone Roses
Pixies
Napalm Death
Extreme Noise Terror
Cocteau Twins
Spacemen 3 (very bad quality but worth it for the interview)
Parchman
Cranes
The Wedding Present
Ultra Vivid Scene
Boo Radleys

No comments:

Post a Comment